Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Darn You With a Needle

"The things I put online are almost certainly not the whole story of me. We all have things we wouldn't want our neighbors, families, or bosses to know. I'll bet that you behave different around you're grandmother than you do your drinking buddies. Which one is the real you? We all have facets to our persona's. The one I share online is only part of me."


I tend to agree with this.

I'm generally quite adept at comparing myself with others;
i.e. judging who I am on an equal footing with, and those
that I can consider inferior or superior to me.
Sometimes good or bad experiences and memories can colour
our opinion of another.
Sometimes one can find that one is regarded higher in
comparison to another, higher than one would regard oneself.
I'm pretty good at blagging, but I don't enjoy feeling like
a con.
I don't like being 'placed above my station'
I don't like unrealistic expectation.
I don't like not being believed when I correct a
misconception about me.
I don't like being put on a pedestal.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:06 am

    You need a pedestal to be able to see over the hedge shortstuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:11 pm

    That's not funny. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pedestals are rubbish. Make t-shirts and flyers, we'll go on a "Free us from our pedstals" demo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:28 am

    Damn concrete! must.break.free.

    ReplyDelete