Sunday, May 02, 2010

Ridiculosity

That would be contemplating the imminence of passing the threshold of my mid-twenties... becoming over a quarter century old is rather daunting. And that the 'n' button on my keyboard is rather stubborn is rather irritating. Since I've brought this fact to light it has become more cooperative.

It would seem the embarrassing things come with age, e.g. random attraction to John Cusack, washing my trainers because they really are too grubby for casual Friday at work, other stuff that I'm not yet prepared to admit to.

Time passes quickly, mostly because it is largely occupied with work to earn money to support myself whilst trying to finish the training for an occupation that will earn more money and consume less time thus enabling me to possibly consider pursuing my real interests. Which I'll have likely forgotten about by the time I get there. Which I think I've forgotten already. But then interests tend to be distractions from the more pressing matters of life like bills and responsibilities, and are vocation and passion just acceptable terms for escapism. Escaping in plain sight with the excuse of personal fulfilment.

Really, what I'm worried about is that I've reached the year in which my driving licence is to be renewed, which means a new photograph, which means a lot of photo booth turmoil in the pursuit of a decent image that will ultimately be inexplicably distorted by the DVLA

No comments:

Post a Comment